Ask Andi

Psychic and Metaphysical Advice for Everyday Life!

Welcome to my blog! Where sometimes the unexplainable, may become explained!

Spring Spiritual Housecleaning


The Spring Equinox, or Ostara, is just a few days away!! And while we wake ourselves from Winter's slumber, that wonderful time of year is back! SPRING CLEANING!!!! ;) Spring cleaning can bring about such a love/hate relationship. We love the outcome, just hate cleaning up that mess. It can be a spiritual time though too. Asking yourself "do I really need this?" or "is hanging on to this really benefiting me?" can be tough whether it something material or is something emotional. Sometime the material and the emotional can be tied together. I know it can be for me; I still have my old prom ticket! ;)

However, every year at this time, I grumpily start in one room and work my way through the house and usually along the way somewhere I step back and say HOLY COW that's a LOT of JUNK!!! How did I let it get that way? And why did I allow it to sit in my house for months on end for no reason?? But by the time I'm done.. I'm happy to be done and everything just feels more lighter. Like a breath of fresh, spring air!

So first I wanted to share this little excerpt that I had posted to my Myspace page a few years back..


Spiritual Housecleaning
By Kathryn L. Robyn


Your entire home can be sacred space if you treat it with respect & understanding as to how its cleanliness or lack of it affects aspects of your life.

To invite more nurturing into your life, clean your kitchen
To connect with your soul & its purpose, clean your living room
To have healthy self & body images, clean your bathroom
To rid yourself of doubt & failure, clean cracks & crevices
To dump baggage from your past & childhood, clean your basement, closets & storage areas
To draw a sex life healthy for you, clean your bedroom
To set up healthy boundaries in your life, clean your hallways, walls, floors & ceilings

It also helps these aspects of your life if the corresponding places in your home are asthetically pleasing to you as well as clean. The author of Spiritual Housecleaning warns, however, that too clean is not necessarily a good thing & may invite a sense of sterility & barrenness into your life.



Now this is all fine and good.. but you might be asking, OK anything else I can do to help draw in more positivity? But of course!! You didn't think I was going to let you get away empty handed, did you?!

Before actually starting to clean.. Take a brief moment to meditate and ask your guides and angels to help you along the process.. To help you to see what you need and be able to let go of that which you don't.

You might want to make an aromatherapy spiritual home spray too! To do this you'll need:
a container to put your mixture in
1 Tbsp. vodka (isopropyl alcohol will work, but honestly, not as well!)
1/2 c. of water
and some essential oils, of course!

Here are some basic essential oil properties. An extensive amount of information can be found at AromaWeb. As always, BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR OILS FOR TOXICITY CONCERNS!!!!

Confidence
Bay Laurel, Bergamot, Cypress, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Orange, Rosemary

Happiness and Peace
Bergamot, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lemon, Neroli, Orange, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang

Prosperity
Basil, Ginger, Jasmine, Laurel, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Pine

Protection
Clove, Geranium, Juniper, Lemon, Lime, Pettigrain

Stress
Benzoin, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Mandarin, Neroli, Patchouli, Roman Chamomile, Rose, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang

Besides making a house spray... BEFORE I spray the house with it; I will open ALL the windows, and doors, in the house and go through with a sage smudge stick. I ask that all negativity be carried out of the house with the smoke from the smudge stick. Some people and children, especially those with asthma, have a tough time with the smoke... that is one reason for opening up all the windows, to allow the smoke to move through quicker. Though I have also heard this as being a very old tradition as well; not the sage part, but just opening all the windows! I remember BOTH of my grandmothers doing that! After smudging and allowing the smoke to clear. I will spend a moment in the center of the house, which thankfully in my one level ranch happens to be the family room! I meditate on peace and happiness and thank the house spirits for what they have brought me through the previous year and ask for more of their blessings this year! THEN, I go through my house, usually with some really upbeat music playing and spray, spray, spray!

So go get some spring spiritual housecleaning done! As Gwen Stefani says, What you waitin for? ;)

If you need any help choosing some essential oils or want to share some of your own housecleaning tips; feel free to contact me at my email or at Facebook.

Many Blessings!!!!
Andi

0 comments: