Ask Andi

Psychic and Metaphysical Advice for Everyday Life!

Welcome to my blog! Where sometimes the unexplainable, may become explained!

Celebrate Lammas - Harvest Your Abundance!


Happy Lammas!! Or Lughnasadh if that's what you like to celebrate! While usually I like to include a little bit of history on what the holidays mean, I'm just going to point you to my first post Celebrate Lammas ~ Count Your Blessings! where you can find out some more information (and goodies!) about it and give you a little cliff note version here. Lammas is the first of the three harvest celebrations; the other two being Mabon and Samhain. It is a cross-quarter holiday, halfway between the Summer Solstice (Litha) and the Autumnal Equinox (Mabon). On the Wheel of the Year, it is opposite Imbolc. While there's still plenty of time left in the growing season, this is a good time to make a blessing for further abundance to come into your life and to be grateful for what's already been achieved! This summer seemed to be a scorcher for a good part of the US.. I didn't notice it too much being in FL, but many of my friends in OH said it was either too hot or too rainy and they didn't get to enjoy the summer very much. But the cooler temps with bonfire get together's and the anticipation of getting the kiddos back into the routine of school is being welcomed! But since it's the cooler season now there is some GREAT gardening that can be done! So check out Vegetables and Herbs to Plant in August or I'm sure you can check the month of September too if you need some time to prepare, and also your USDA Hardiness Zone so you can better plan what you can plant as well! It's so wonderful when you're able to harvest your own food and you can feel a sense of accomplishment that comes from nurturing a plant while mother nature does her thing!

Now.. I'm sure you're wondering what's with the picture I used too! Maybe you saw it posted on my instagram or twitter account! It's the goody I'm including for this post! This is my Lammas Harvest Tarot Spread! And here's how it works... The layout itself is a basket! There are 6 cards to symbolize balance, service, home and domesticness, and responsibility. The number 6 in numerology also has ties to agriculture.. see how it all ties in!? Here is what each card represents...


Card #1 - Where I am at.. I received the Queen of Pentacles! I took this as a good sign that I'm making the right choices in my business decisions.

Card #2 - Where I need to have more focus.. I got The Shadow Side since I am using the Witches Tarot, but most know it as The Devil. I'll take that as a sign that I need to make sure that I don't lose sight of what's in front of me and get too wrapped up in my work!

Card #3 - Where will I find my strength.. With the Six of Pentacles I'm taking that to give as much as I receive!

Card #4 - The help I will receive unexpectedly.. Oh the Fool.. you just never know the potential that is there until you try something different!

Card #5 - What comes next.. The Emperor blesses me with a solid foundation from the experiences I've learned from!

Card #6 - The bountiful fruits of labor.. Celebration in my creativity and lasting friendships from sharing and caring! Fabulous success!!


Guess what.. I also have the printable available too!! So if you'd like to add it to your journal, here is the doc and pdf files you can download! Take some time to count your blessings and to think about what more you would like to accomplish before settling into the Winter slumber!

As always, if you'd like me to take a look at things for you with a reading I'd be more than happy to! Just send me a message at my email or facebook! Also.. if you missed my tweet earlier; I am currently offering a special of an hour worth of chat reading for $100!! This can be spread over multiple sessions!! I hope you're enjoying your week so far!! Only a couple more days til the weekend! Woo hoo!!!


Many Blessings!
Andi

0 comments: